May 2012: The ZT1000 Might Be A New Prime Tyre Consumer Option
ZAFCO might prove to be a worthy opponent for the Korean and Taiwanese tyre manufacturers and its new ZT1000 might come to be one of the consumer’s preferred car tyre.
Recently ZAFCO has conducted tests for the ZT1000 patters, which is under the ZEETEX brand, on the IDAID facility located in Spain. The test had the object of analysing the current development of the pattern and to summarize its current strengths and weaknesses in comparison with other leading tyre brands, so that the company could remedy any possible problems.
IDAIDA is a company that provides a large array of services for automobile manufacturers in terms of design and testing and even homologation for different related products in different countries. The company has representatives in 19 countries worldwide and has in employment over 1300 specialists.
ZEETEX is known in Europe as selling REACH compliant tyres, but many expect the company to enlarge its commercial line and to offer a vaster product line which will better respond to the consumer needs.
From the primary tests on the ZT1000, ZAFCO representative has declared that the ZT1000 has obtained great results in terms of performance, especially for the new features which are supposed to better respond to consumer needs.
The rating scale of IDAIDA used in testing is from 1 to 10. The 1-3 marks of the scale are the equivalent of safety risk and possible failure, 7 means good and 10 means excellent.
The ZT1000 IDAIDA tests were conducted in parallel with 2 additional well known Korean and Taiwanese tyre brands on different aspects:
· Aquaplaning, where the ZT1000 scored 7.5 on the lateral perspective above the Taiwanese manufacturer which scored 6.8 and 6.8 on the longitudinal tests where the brand from Taiwan brand got 6.5
· Breaking Distance on Dry Asphalt where the ZT1000 scored 7.2, with 0.2 points higher than the Taiwanese manufacturer
· Straight Line Driving has a category in which the ZT1000 as well as the Taiwanese and Korean manufacturer got equal results, 7.9
· Steering Performance is a category in which ZT1000 scored 7.7, by 0.1 higher than the Korean competitor
· Ride Comfort - both brands scored 7.8
· Rolling Noise - the ZT 1000 overtook the Taiwanese tyres by 0.8 points, scoring 7.7
· Estimate Tire Life is a category in which the ZT1000 scored 7.5, by 0.3 more than the Korean competitor.
ZETEEX will present the ZT1000 in its line of environmental friendly tyres at REIFEN this June in Essen Germany.